Deployment instructions

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM

We are trying install this protector as COM component on 64 bit windows 2008 server but were unsuccessful. Is this piece written for 32bit systems? do we need to build the code again for 64bit?

If you have any deployment instructions, please share. We haven't installed any custom protectors before so kind of new to this.

Thanks in advance

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I gotta spin up the code again but I will get back to you on this.

May 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Anay news on this? I have dowloaded the PdfIrmProtector and installed it in the same directory where the other protectors are (14\bin). I have tried to do a regsvr32 on the dll. To be sure that I was using the good regsvr32, I went in the windows\SysWOW64 to use the 64 bits of regsvr32.exe. The com object is not registering. Any idea?

May 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I have the same Issue...And the source claims for a file that doesn´t exist...

Can you update the folder with the right files?

Thanks a lot for this conector

Details: 

"Error 3 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'qpdf/QPDF.hh': No such file or directory c:\Users\<user>\Desktop\pdfirmprotector-65779\PdfIrmProtector\PdfProtector.cpp 3 PdfIrmProtector"

Jun 27, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Hi,

I have the same error, also I have downloaded the qpdf.hh files from net, but now it shows another errors. in qpdf header files.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I was able to removed the errors but , in final registration it throws error in regsvr32 statement.

any body found this issue before? 

thanks for your reply

Rajesh

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Rajesh - were you ever successful in getting this working? I need help.
Apr 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I also have issues registering the DLL file. Is this project dead?

[Window Title]
RegSvr32

[Content]
The module "PdfIrmProtector.dll" failed to load.
Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
[OK]

From Application log:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\PdfIrmProtector.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Windows Server 2008 R2 (so 64-bit) with SP2010.
Apr 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I got past this error - you have to have the right c++ redistributable package installed (and service pack I think). I spent a couple days trying to get this project working. Had one of my developers recomplile it (without debug) for me and such. No luck! I tried it on SharePoint 2010 fyi.
May 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Has anyone been able to register the dll successfully as com component?